On Wed, 31 Mar 2010 16:31:17 -0300, satb <satish...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Advice is for services, not pages and components.

Thanks for the response.

Yes. That is true. I want to do one other thing on the methods of the
service if the request is originating from a "SecurePage" -- which is to
check the credentials. Isn't advice the right thing for it?

Again, advice is for services, not pages and components. If you want to advise pages and components, you'll need to implement a ComponentClassTransformWorker. To check the origin of a request, you'll need to use the Referrer HTTP header or put something in the URL.

Thats what the
above advice is trying to do except the "instaceof" check is always
returning false.

Please post your code or we cannot help you.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
Independent Java, Apache Tapestry 5 and Hibernate consultant, developer, and instructor Owner, software architect and developer, Ars Machina Tecnologia da Informação Ltda.