Hi, it must be again some misunderstanding from my side. I have a form and
select
<t:form>
<t:select t:id="supervisor" value="company?.supervisor" validate="required"
                      encoder="supervisorEncoder" model="supervisorModel"
                      blankOption="always"/>
</t:form>

in OnSubmit i see that all other field values of the form (and also some
selects but with Enum as Model) get applied to company object except for
this select. AS SOON AS i remove
validate="required" it's get applied too. Sure i can do server-side
validation to check if the object is not set, but is it an expected
behavior?

the supervisorEncoder is defined as

public class UserValueEncoder implements ValueEncoder {
    @Override
    public String toClient(Object user) {
        return ((User) user).getId().toString();
    }

    @Override
    public Object toValue(String id) {
        return StringUtils.isNotBlank(id)
                ? new User().setId(Integer.parseInt(id))
                : null;

again, if validate="required" is omitted, everything works as expected. but
if not, selected value seems to never got submitted firing "required" error
message