I use the TSS 2.1.0 with Tapestry 5.1.0.5.

I just get a login failed, because the default TSS SaltSource is used (with "DEADBEEF" as salt).

My database doesn't have salt for password, and setting spring-security.password.salt to the empty string fails (thrown exception from Spring SystemWideSaltSource).

The problem is, if i override the SaltSource as explained in http://www.localhost.nu/java/tapestry-spring-security/conf.html # Alias Contributions : sometimes the override works, sometime not. Seems to depends of initialization order.