Hi,

I want to write my own 'select' component with a build-in model and additional parameters.
I tried different ways to achieve this, but none of them worked out for me.

Basically I tried:

-----------------------

1.) Extend MySelect from Select
I found no way to assign my model to the selects privat model. There is a setModel in Select but it seems to be there only for unit tests.

2.) Embed Select in MySelect
It seems that I have to provide a template for this approach (I'm getting this error described at http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry5/guide/component-classes.html). I don't want to provide a template. I just want to pass my model to the component, which I did as described:

    @Component(parameters= { "model=myModel", "value=myValue" })
    private Select select;

Is there a way to do this without a template?

Is there a better way to do this at all?

Any help is very much appreciated,
Andreas