Thiago is right; it's more like a pipeline, although not exactly a pipeline,
either. :) It's still a state machine, stepping through the various render
phases, but in each render phase, you have a series of "sub states", one for
each mixin, + the component's own method.  In 5.2, you can explicitly define
the order of execution to make sure your mixin executes before any others, etc.
(all of the commands supported by OrderedConfiguration are supported).  And in
5.2, you can directly access a component's parameter from within the mixin,
even if the component's parameter doesn't have a public getter.

Robert