We've seen some combinations of JDK 1.6 that cause some problems for
the bytecode library Tapestry uses, Javassist.  However, the way
Tapestry 4.0 works, you are unlikely to hit those problems when using
JDK 1.6.  You will need to experiment a bit, and possibly compile your
pages and components targeting JDK 1.5.

On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 6:00 AM, Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
<thiag...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 18 May 2010 09:58:42 -0300, ramachavali <reachr...@rediffmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Can Tapestry 4.0 work on JDK 1.6?
>
> I don't know why it wouldn't. Sun always took a lot of care with backwards
> compatibility.
>
> --
> Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
> Independent Java, Apache Tapestry 5 and Hibernate consultant, developer, and
> instructor
> http://www.arsmachina.com.br

Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry