> I've recently come up with a solution for handling MultiZoneUpdate as the
> response from an Ajax.Request.

I'm not sure I follow why you need to create your own Ajax.Request
instead of using one of the built-in action/event link components. You
can give it the name of one zone but return a MultiZoneUpdate
response.

(from tapestry core  MultiZoneUpdateDemo.tml )
    <t:actionlink t:id="update" zone="fred">update</t:actionlink>

(from tapestry-core MultiZoneUpdateDemo.java)
 Object onActionFromUpdate()
    {
        return new MultiZoneUpdate("fred", fredBlock).add("barney",
barneyBlock).add("dino", "His dog, Dino.");
    }

> Now I need to add the ability to execute a script, generated (or values
> populated) by the server.

@Inject RenderSupport and call the addScript methods. If you're using
the built-in components then they get handled by default. The code
that does that is in ZoneManager.processReply.

Is this what you are trying to do?

Josh

On Sun, May 23, 2010 at 5:13 PM, Paul Stanton <p...@mapshed.com.au> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've recently come up with a solution for handling MultiZoneUpdate as the
> response from an Ajax.Request.
>
> I did this by creating the following javascript function and calling it in
> Ajax.Request.onSuccess:
>
> Tapestry.handleMultizoneUpdate = function (transport)
> {
>   var reply = transport.responseJSON;
>   // copied from tapestry.js - ZoneManager.processReply
>   // apparently exposed in t5.2
>   Object.keys(reply.zones).each(function (zoneId) {
>           var manager = Tapestry.findZoneManagerForZone(zoneId);
>           if (manager) {
>               var zoneContent = reply.zones[zoneId];
>               manager.show(zoneContent);
>           }
>       });
> };
>
> Now I need to add the ability to execute a script, generated (or values
> populated) by the server.
>
> 1. Where is the code that turns MultiZoneUpdate into JSON?
> 2. What is the best way to return a javascript snippet from a tapestry event
> listener to the client and have it executed in an Ajax/XHR environment?
>
> Thanks, p.

http://www.bodylabgym.com - a private, by appointment only, one-on-one
health and fitness facility.
--