Dear Tapestry community,

the Spock team is very happy to announce the release of Spock 0.4, the
Enterprise-ready testing framework for Java and Groovy apps (official release
notes). As you may know, Spock also provides an extension for testing Tapestry
5 apps. The main functions of this extension are the creation and shutdown of a
Tapestry registry with the modules required by a test, and the injection of a
test's fields. This is all done with Tapestry's own annotations - @SubModule,
@Inject, @Value, @Symbol, and so on. In Spock 0.4, the Tapestry support has
been further improved. For example, it's now possible to use the Tapestry
extension together with PageTester.

At Smarter Ecommerce GmbH, we use Spock heavily to test our Tapestry 5 based
apps (1000 tests and counting). If you would also like to benefit from the
combined power of Groovy and Spock in your tests, here are a few links to get
you started:

Spock Homepage
Spock Web Console
Spock Example Project