Kalle, don't worry about one complaint. I didn't mean to cause a stir honestly. Like the others said I'll just update my filters.

p.

Kalle Korhonen wrote:
On Sun, May 30, 2010 at 8:51 PM, Paul Stanton <p...@mapshed.com.au> wrote:
not offended, just distracted .. since the email isn't addressed
'to:users@tapestry.apache.org' it misses my current mail filter and popped
into my main mailbox .. i didn't mean get anyone's back up.

Ok, I see the conflict of interest. In general, I favor bcc field for
all announcements, especially ones that are going to multiple lists to
prevent cross-posted follow-ups. However, Codehaus mailing lists
reject emails that use bcc field for posting to the list. Not sure of
the best practice now, but maybe I should simply use to-field for all
or send to each mailing list separately.

Kalle

Kalle Korhonen wrote:
My apologies if announcing Tynamo modules on Tapestry users list
offend anybody - if community feels that way, we have no problem
keeping the announcements only on Tynamo lists and site. However, as
an open source project completely based on Tapestry, I would have
thought Tapestry users would generally be interested in our releases.
In any case, "solicitation" feels pretty degrading. It's not like
anybody's making any money out of this. Suppose a vote is on order if
there are others who feel Tynamo or other related Tapestry projects
shouldn't be announcing on Tapestry Users list.

Kalle