Hi,

I've been tracking the documentation to understand the change in asset
protection, but haven't found anything useful.

I've checked the upgrade guide from svn (last update 4 days ago):
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/tapestry/tapestry5/trunk/src/site/apt/upgrade.apt?revision=948226&view=markup

But really it only mentions the no-slashes-in-virtual-folders restriction.
Where is the asset protection part or am I looking from wrong sources?

Also, what is the rationale behind removing library specific versions? Even
if the 3rd party library doesn't change any resources browsers are forced to
download all assets again when updating the main program. Technical
challenges I presume?

Anyhow, the info on asset protection is very important for me, or at least
just plain cold "We're working on it and have no eta.". (Then I know to stop
reading through sources.)

 - Ville