Okay having to try both suggestions I'm finding that requirement of a
component class is what's making this simple requirement a difficult
excercise. I was able to get templates to load from a different
location on the filesystem, but that's not really my requirement.

Here is a very simplified scenario that would totally solve my problem:

* Basically all our CMS pages are static, so the controller class
would have been an empty Java class:

public class Page1 {}
public class Page2 {}
etc etc....

We are totally fine with WAR based package structure

our.app.pages.cms

where all static pages go to cms package.

So to simplify my problem, all I really need is a way for Tapestry to
load all my pages in the cms package, without a Java class with a safe
assumption that it would have been empty one.

So is there a way to make Tapestry process a template without a Java
class? That's really, all I need.

Adam