Hi Howard!

  Actually I have at least 2 problems after "just changing versions".
I think if I were using maven it would be ok (I hope). But after just
overwriting T5.1 libraries I have 2 problems (I wont continue today,
so there is maybe more of this):
1. It asks me for: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
javax.validation.ValidatorFactory
2. It asks me for: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.springframework.context.ApplicationContext

  Of course me and other developers can resolve this classes, but it
would be great, if there were some notice about these dependencies on
download page.

  By the way: where do you suggest to find jars with this classes. I
found at least 5 jars with javax.validation.ValidatorFactory =) And
also 3 with org.springframework.context.ApplicationContext.

  I start thinking that maven - it's a good idea =)

Best regards,
 Sergey.

2010/8/9 Howard Lewis Ship <hls...@gmail.com>:
> After much too long, the first alpha release of Apache Tapestry 5.2 is
> now available for download. Tapstry 5.2 adds significant capabilities
> to Tapestry, along with loads of bug fixes and improvements. Major
> improvements include:
>
> * Live reloading of service implementation classes (not just
> components and pages)
> * New annotations to support passing information as query parameters
> * Proper client-side form cancelling logic (bypassing client-side validation)
> * Tapestry no longer uses a StAX XML parser; it uses a standard SAX
> parser (for compatibility with Google App Engine).
> * JSR-303 Bean Validation Integration
> * Improved and simplified meta-programming capabilities
> * Tapestry pages are now singletons (no longer pooled instanced) ...
> though this doesn't change your code at all!
>
> This code has been used in a large number of development, and even
> production, Tapestry applications. There are some known bugs, and the
> Tapestry team is eager to learn about any difficulties users have
> upgrading from 5.1 to 5.2. We hope that in the vast majority of cases,
> upgrading will simply involve changing the Tapestry dependency version
> number and recompiling. If you run into problems, please use the
> Tapestry user mailing list for support.
>
> Tapestry is available for download from the Apache Mirrors, or via the
> central Maven repository:
>

>        <dependency>
>            <groupId>org.apache.tapestry</groupId>
>            <artifactId>tapestry-core</artifactId>