I tried everything again with converting my package-private methods into public, and now everything works, so this is also related to bug:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-1233

-Vjeran

----- Original Message ----- From: "Vjeran Marcinko" <vjeran.marci...@email.t-com.hr>
To: "Tapestry users" <users@tapestry.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, August 11, 2010 9:42 AM
Subject: Another IllegalAccessError in 5.2 alpha [bug?]

Hello,

I tried to port my 5.1 app to 5.2 alpha, and also got IllegalAccessError.

I have my own ComponentRequestFilter implementation (for Hibernate session
management) registered naturally in Tapestry's module class (service
package), and IllegalAccessError is raised when this filter tries to access
other helper class from same package.

My filter and mentioned helper classes is located in my arbitrary package
<tapestry-.root-package>/my/arbitrary/package

I thought maybe some packaging policy has been changed since 5.1 to 5.2, so I tried to move all classes (filter and helpers) to "service" package since
that's where Tapestry's module class is located and references filter, but
to no avail. Same error occurs.

I guess this is bug then, since I can see Peter has mentioned similar error.

Regards,
Vjeran

----- Original Message ----- From: <p.stavrini...@albourne.com>