Hi there,

It's great to have a FAQ for Tapestry. I just had a look at it and immediately found an issue I just ran into.

The second FAQ is  "Why do I get a ClassCastException ..."

I have a service which takes some page-classes via the contribute method. In my code, I then want to compare the current page with the saved ones. The comparison of Class a and b is done by a.equals(b). This always returns false as one class is loaded by tapestry's classloader and therefor has another java.lang.Class but the same classname.

Is there any better possibility to compare those classes than to just compare their names which is a little bit annoying because there could be two classes with the same name but which aren't equal...

Thanks a lot

Alex