To be honest, I'd define a different object to store the exceptions,
and a matching component to display them.

For one of my clients, I've been working on a generalized way to store
application messages (info, warning, error) and control how long they
are displayed (once, until dismissed, until page changes).   I may be
able to spin that off into a general purpose library (perhaps under
the tapx umbrella).

On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 7:05 AM, Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
<thiag...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 03 Sep 2010 10:52:14 -0300, Lothar Nieswandt <lothar_n...@gmx.de>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi there,
>
> Hi!
>
>> I like the layout used by the "Errors" component (red square). So my first
>> thaught was: why not use this component. However, when trying to achieve
>> this I found that the purpose of 'Errors' is to display ValidationExceptions
>> that occur in forms.
>
> Not just validation errors. You can get the ValidationTracker from the
> Environment and use void recordError(String errorMessage) to record a
> message.
>
> @Environmental
> private ValidationTracker validationTracker;
>
> Or inject the form and use the recordError() (which just delegates to the
> ValidationTracker.
>
> --
> Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
> Independent Java, Apache Tapestry 5 and Hibernate consultant, developer, and
> instructor
> http://www.arsmachina.com.br

Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry