thanks for your response,
I don't want to create a new thread for this:

is 5.2.1 dependant on spring and hibernate?

when I try to start my application I had to add the hibernate and spring libraries due to NoClassDefFoundErrors. After having added them, I keep getting the following exception:

19:04:22,065 ERROR [ApplicationInitializer:64] Construction of service ApplicationInitializer failed: Error invoking service builder method org.apache.tapestry5.services.TapestryModule.buildApplicationInitializer(Logger, List) (at TapestryModule.java:1446) (for service 'ApplicationInitializer'): Error invoking service contribution method org.apache.tapestry5.spring.SpringModule.contributeApplicationInitializer(OrderedConfiguration, ApplicationContext): No service implements the interface org.springframework.context.ApplicationContext. java.lang.RuntimeException: Error invoking service builder method org.apache.tapestry5.services.TapestryModule.buildApplicationInitializer(Logger, List) (at TapestryModule.java:1446) (for service 'ApplicationInitializer'): Error invoking service contribution method org.apache.tapestry5.spring.SpringModule.contributeApplicationInitializer(OrderedConfiguration, ApplicationContext): No service implements the interface org.springframework.context.ApplicationContext.

thanks in advance
markus

One of my clients really liked it, so they copied the source to their code base.