On Sun, 12 Sep 2010 05:40:26 -0300, Christopher Dodunski <chrisfromsquir...@christopher.net.nz> wrote:

Hi,

Hi!

I would like to set up Tapestry 5 on Tomcat 5, which is running on my VPS.

Why such an old version of Tomcat?

 I have downloaded Tapestry 5, unpackaged it, and can see the many JAR
files contained in lib/.  But what I see far exceeds what I expected,
having read through the Tapestry installation instructions found here:
http://wiki.apache.org/tapestry/Installation - much more than "14"!

That wiki page is about Tapestry 4, not 5. You only need tapestry-core, tapestry-ioc, antlr-runtime and commons-codec to run Tapestry.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
Independent Java, Apache Tapestry 5 and Hibernate consultant, developer, and instructor