Why do you need to disable the autocomplete field this way ?
What happens if the user makes a mistake and chooses à wring value ?

A quick answer can be to use a hidden and fill it with the value in
JavaScript. This hidden value will be mapped with the java class. So when
submitting you will have your value
But I don't see the point of disabling this way