Thiago,

Are you saying the I can use <t:grid ... overrides="prop:xyz"> to get around
the problem?  Do I just build a list of PropertyOverrides in the page class for
that, and does it override all other overrides that the grid normally provides
by itself - I'm guessing this behavior is not what I want as I just want to
affect rendering for this specific field, < <t:myCustomComponent
value="bom.property"/>?

I had started creating my own PropertyEditContext in the component used for my
custom type <just in the scenario where it's used in a grid>, but was running
into issues with an internal null pointer when I got to validate.render() in my
component's beginRender method.

What I was trying to do was something along the lines of:

                boolean pECForGridRequired =
(environment.peek(PropertyEditContext.class) == null);
                PropertyEditContext pECForGrid = null;
                if (pECForGridRequired){
                        pECForGrid = createPECForGrid();
                        environment.push(PropertyEditContext.class, pECForGrid);
                }

... and mimicking the way the PEC is created when the component is used in a
beanEditForm. Is this approach wrong-headed?

Regards,
Jim.