On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 11:41 AM, Chuck Kring <cjkr...@pacbell.net> wrote:
>  Whoa.   Everything is easy in Tapestry.  The hard part is figuring out the
> easy way to do it.
>
> Howard, if you happen to read this,  one thing that would be generally
> useful would be to allow t:id to be set using a variable.  Something like
> this:
>
> <t:loop source="items" value="item">
> <t:something t:id="${item.identifier}"/>
> </t:loop>

I don't see that as doable; that implies that the structure of the
page itself is variable.  A component's id, just like its type and
parameter bindings, is part of the static structure that is essential
to Tapestry's ability to share a single page instance across multiple
threads, or share requests across multiple servers in a cluster.

Typically, you will use an Environmental object to coordinate an outer
component (that pushes an object into the Environment) with an inner
component (that pulls the environmental out of the Environment).

> Right now you can set the HTML id but not the tapestry id this way.   There
> have been a number of cases where I wanted to do this.  It might have been
> useful here.
>
> Thanks for building a great framework.
>
> Chuck
>
> On 10/14/2010 3:05 PM, Howard Lewis Ship wrote:
>>
>> There isn't a good way to do this.
>>
>> You could inject the "parameters" as Blocks into your code, then pass
>> a List or Map of those Blocks to your component.
>>
>> It isn't as pretty in the markup.
>>
>> Alternately, you could have a naming convention, i.e.
>>
>> <t:parameter name="fooTitle">  ...</t:parameter>
>> <t:parameter name="fooContent">  ...</t:parameter>
>> <t:parameter name="barTitle">  ...</t:parameter>
>> <t:parameter name="barContent">  ...</t:parameter>
>>

>> On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 2:29 PM, Chuck Kring<cjkr...@pacbell.net>  wrote:
>>>
>>>  Hi everyone,
>>>
>>> I'm trying to get equanda/accordion to work with a variable set of tabs
>>> and
>>> contents.    The intent is that I want to loop across a list of groups of
>>> objects, with each group a tab and each entry in the tab is a Link to a
>>> page
>>> about the object.  Something like this:
>>>
>>> Group A
>>>      obj 1
>>>      obj 2
>>>      obj 3
>>> Group B
>>>      obj 1
>>>      obj 4
>>>
>>> For various reasons an accordion will work well for this.
>>>
>>> This doesn't work but describes what I'd like to do:

>>> <t:loop source="groups" value="group">
>>> <t:parameter id="${panel.title_id}">${panel.title}</t:parameter>
>>> <t:parameter id="${panel.content_id}">${panel.content}</t:parameter>
>>> </t:loop>
>>>
>>> Any suggestions?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Chuck Kring