I have setup my DAO as a Tapestry service in the AppModule as:

  public class AppModule
  {
     public static void bind(ServiceBinder binder)
     {
       binder.bind(BranchDAO.class, BranchHibernateDAO.class);

Then, I try to inject the session as follows:

  public class BranchHibernateDAO implements BranchDAO {

     @Inject
     private Session session;

    �...@suppresswarnings("unchecked")
     public Object find( Class c , BigDecimal id)
     {
       return session.get(c, id);

I still get a NULL session.

Following the suggestion by Kalle, I injected the session to a page. Then,
passed the session to my DAO in the contructor. That worked! However, I would
rather keep the code cleaner by injecting the session directly into the DAO.