A tip... I don't know if the code for your checking is heavyweight, but
sometimes it's recommended to check in the onActivate() if the request is a
XRH or not... because component events triggers it too. You can do so by
@Inject'ing Request (org.apache.tapestry5.services) and calling isXHR()
method.

Of course, that is only necessary if the code is heavy and your XHR checking
for redirection isn't needed...

Everton Agner Ramos