Hi,

is it possible to use the MarkupWriter in the page class in a render stage in addition to a template?

The page I'm trying to write needs to feed a component into a delegate from the Layout.tml it belongs to. As far as I can figure out I can only write Tapestry components in the TML file and not with the MarkupWriter. That is to say, my attempts to do so have failed and searching various ends online hasn't shown me otherwise.

On the other hand, I want to use the MarkupWriter to build a dynamic set of HTML elements. Specifically, to build a collapsing/expanding hierarchy of Categories built into a form that I will process.

By doing the HTML elements in the page class, I figured I could keep track of the elements and their attributes/etc with the least pain so I can process them properly on a form submission.

This is 5.1.0.5 by the way.

Thanks,
Rich