Problem solved.

   Just added a ValidationMessages_pt_BR.properties in the root of the
classpath with translated messages and it worked. I thought that Tapestry's
message catalog would be used when integrated with Bean Validation but this
is not the case.

   Atenciosamente,

Matheus Eduardo Machado Moreira
matheus....@gmail.com

*Good cooking takes time. If you are made to wait, it is to serve you
better, and to please you.*
Menu do Restaurant Antoine, New Orleans