On Fri, 14 Jan 2011 14:40:52 -0200, Mark <mark-li...@xeric.net> wrote:

It turns out there is a simple way to do this. So simple I was
overlooking it. When you create a multizone update you give it the
client id and the zone you wish to update.  The zone will render with
the present context. However, you can also simply give it a string
with the contents you want rendered.

I guess this is the built-in coercion from String to Block.

I believe that is what is happening, but does anyone know if this
"should" work?

I guess so.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
Independent Java, Apache Tapestry 5 and Hibernate consultant, developer, and instructor