I found a solution ...

1down voteaccepted

You need a more specific selector to override... BP is pretty general though
so that shouldnt be an issue for example:

table.no-zebra tbody tr:nth-child(even) td,
table.no-zebra tbody tr.even td {
  background: transparent;
}

you can replace transparent with whatever color to make all rows a solid
color.