If you want Jetty to listen on port 8080 too, you will need to add a connector for that:

<connectors>

<connector implementation="org.mortbay.jetty.security.SslSocketConnector">
  </connector>

  <connector implementation="org.mortbay.jetty.nio.SelectChannelConnector">
     <port>8080</port>
  </connector>

</connectors>

http://docs.codehaus.org/display/JETTY/Maven+Jetty+Plugin

anything I need to adjust? following is my pom's jetty part:

<connector implementation="org.mortbay.jetty.security.SslSocketConnector">
                            <port>8443</port>
                            <maxIdleTime>30000</maxIdleTime>
                            <keystore>/etc/keystore</keystore>
                            <password>pwd123</password>