On Wed, 02 Feb 2011 02:26:45 -0200, Benny Law <benny.mk....@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

Hi!

I have a loop inside a form that renders a textfield and some other
controls. When I am doing cross field validations in the ValidateForm event while iterating over a collection (the source of the loop), I would like to record error messages against the form with the field in error to get the normal error highlighting. How can I get to the field in this case since I can't use normal injection?

Why not? Even when inside a loop, you don't have more than one instance of a given component. Example:

<t:loop ...>
    <t:textfield t:id="title".../>
</t:loop>

You have only one instance of the TextField with t:id "title", regardless of the number of iterations.

I don't know if this solves your problem, but at least I'm trying to help you figure it out. ;)

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
Independent Java, Apache Tapestry 5 and Hibernate consultant, developer, and instructor