Explain again how it is that Tapestry is outputting a required
attribute, unless it is present in your template. Tapestry has no
reason to do so (though perhaps a later version that has native
support for HTML5 will do so).  On the other handle, Tapestry does
have valiation, represented on the server side by the validate
parameter, and the @Validate annotation, and communicated to the
client as JavaScript (to enforce the required behavior) and perhaps a
CSS class name (to allow the field to be visually differentiated from
other, optional fields).

On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 1:16 PM, Nicolas Barrera <nbarr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> no, what I 'm trying to point out is that because tapestry is using the same
> name as html5..., then validation is not being consistent...
>
> because if the browser does not support html5.., then tapestry will put up
> and show the validation error with it's style.
>
> but, if the browser does support html5 then the browser will show up before
> tapestry and give a different validation error, for example... It won't show
> the custom message for a required field (with tapestry's validation i could
> define a custom message for a required field in the .properties file!)
>
> wouldn't be wise to use a different attribute name?, perhaps a namespace in
> the attribute's name? just not to overlap with html5's one.
>
> cheers.
>
> Nicolás.-
>

> On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 12:17 AM, Andreas Andreou <andy...@di.uoa.gr> wrote:
>
>> It's html5, see http://diveintohtml5.org/forms.html
>> eventually all browsers will somehow support this.
>>
>> The question is who is outputting the attribute?
>>
>> On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 21:06, Nicolas Barrera <nbarr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I 've not tested it personally but my client has used ff4 with my t5
>> > application.
>> >
>> > The unexpected result is that ff checks for that field to have a value...
>> > preventing tapestry own validation to execute.
>> >
>> > is that a kind of issue on tapestry?, I really don't know but maybe the
>> > required attribute is a new attribute from html5 or firefox propietary.
>> >

>> > well, perhaps some one has already experienced that and has developed
>> some
>> > kind of workaround
>> >
>> > cheers.
>> >

>> > Nicolás.-