I have an application that requires a great deal of configuration data
after the app is running and needs to be configurable by the end user
from within the application  This includes things like Facebook admin
id, Twitter account info, Mailchimp api key, etc.

So far I've been just creating objects, storying them in the database
and then accessing them using Hibernate. However this is getting a bit
cumbersome and I'd prefer to use some type of properties file that I
can configure by hand or have the end user update from within the
application.  So it needs to be something where:

1. If the property is changed it gets saved back to the file.
2. Changes can be made at run time without reloading the application.

I like the way you can inject values from Tapestry Symbols, but I
didn't see an easy way to load and save the symbols to/from a
properties file.

My plan was to use the Apache Common's Configuration for this, but I
wanted to make sure I didn't overlook some built in capability and
re-invent the wheel.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Mark