I am using:

Link link = pageRenderLinkSource.createPageRenderLinkWithContext("PageName",
pageContext);

To get a link to a page with a particular context that ties into a
Facebook share component.  This has worked well, but now I'm
occasionally seeing it rendered with a jsessionid.  Which of course I
do not want in order to share it on facebook.

It appears that that jsessionid started showing up once I started
securing certain pages of the application, but I'm not sure if that is
what is causing it.

Any idea on how to prevent these session ids from being part of the
links created in this manner?

Mark