Hey!

I have an app (devpulse.com) in Tapestry 5.1 which was indexed by Google
bot. Some pages got cached and google uses this cached version to post
requests. Recently, we have renamed one of the components and now all those
requests containing the old name/id of the component result in errors on the
Tapestry side (as Tapestry is not able find the component on the page with
such id). Application crashes with error and google bot is served with
overridden tapestry error page.

I know that this could be solved by either creating robots.txt and marking
those requests as forbidden or by creating a filter to rewrite those URLs to
be valid. But I found these solutions as workarounds.

Instead I would like to be able to handle such cases separately and serve
google bot (or user) with 404 page. Unfortunately, at the moment there is no
way to distinguish between component not found exception and any other
Tapestry exception as a generic TapestryException is thrown:

throw new TapestryException(StructureMessages.noSuchComponent(this,
embeddedId, ids), this, null);  (ComponentPageElementImpl:841).

I wonder, would such improvement make sense and if so I'll be happy to add
it to Jira or/and even implement it myself under someone's supervision.