On Mon, 21 Mar 2011 14:27:35 -0300, stephanos2k <stephan.beh...@googlemail.com> wrote:

In my Layout I'd like to distinguish between 2 states (let's just say red or blue). Those are known/set by each page individually - it inherits from BasePageRed or BasePageBlue (which go back to BasePage where the parameter Col is
defined).
How do I 'get' the parameter value from the BasePage (class) to the Layout (tml)? PS: I am aware that I can set the parameter in Page.tml - but I don't want to repeat myself in each file.

Abusing class hierarchy, for me, is way worse than adding a single parameter to a component use. Another option (preferred) is to define an annotation and use ComponentResources.getPage() to get the page instance and check if that annotation is there or not.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
Independent Java, Apache Tapestry 5 and Hibernate consultant, developer, and instructor