On Wed, 23 Mar 2011 20:26:35 -0300, raulmt <rau...@gmail.com> wrote:

Cezary Biernacki wrote:

On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 12:04 AM, Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo &lt;
thiag...@gmail.com&gt; wrote:

&gt; Why don't you set the application version symbol of your application
to a
&gt; given value and never change it?

Really? It will cause all caching problems that version numbers are
supposed
to solve, will not it?

It would. I thought they wanted fixed URLs. Maybe I'm just not understanding what the people in this thread want. Some refer to "current asset". It implies that the previous asset is available, and it isn't. Maybe they're talking about "current versioned asset *URL*". How would Tapestry know for sure and in an efficient way that the request was for an old version asset URL? Any non-matching version would be redirected?

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
Independent Java, Apache Tapestry 5 and Hibernate consultant, developer, and instructor