I'm looking for an effective way to minify tapestry.js (along with
other Tapestry supplied js/css).  I've found a good way to do this for
the prototype/scriptaculous JS by overriding the the
"tapestry.scriptaculous" factory default mapping and using my own
supplied JS like tapx-prototype.

But short of re-bundling tapestry, I don't see a way to do that for
the other Tapestry js/css?  tapestry.js in particular minifies very
well because of all the comments going from 54 kB to 16.7 kB using the
yui compressor.  Even after gzip content encoding it's significantly
smaller - 5 kB vs 15 kB.  This adds up very quickly on a high traffic
site - Javascript/CSS are a significant user of bandwidth.

-Dave