On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 9:25 AM, stephanos2k
<stephan.beh...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Out of sheer interest: Assuming Apache is used in front of Tapestry, which of
> the two would be the best place to GZIP resources? Why?
>
> PS: Considering  speed, CPU/memory usage & compatibility - not considering:
> setup & maintenance

Because Tapestry is one of the few frameworks that gzip-encode on the
fly, we use Apache and mod_deflate to handle it.

There are some clients out there that really don't like gzip encoding
even if they say they do - and Apache gives us the flexibility to turn
it on/off for those specific clients on the fly.

CPU/memory usage is not typically a factor here.

-Dave