On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 4:40 PM, Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
<thiag...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Mar 2011 11:30:29 -0300, Alejandro Scandroli
> <alejandroscandr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> * The first (and simpler) options is to provide the beanModel via the
>> model parameter.
>> beanModel = beanModelSource.createEditModel(entityType, messages);
>>
>> With this option you can't use the "add", "exclude" or "include"
>> parameters in the template, if you need to change something you will
>> have to modify the beanModel in your Java code.
>
> I can't test it now, but providing your own BeanModel doesn't prevent you
> from using the add, exclude and include parameters at all. It may not make
> much sense, but I'm sure you can use them.

Hmmm, maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I wasn't able to make it
work and believe me I've tried.
Also, if you look at the code both methods
BeanEditForm.onPrepareFromForm and BeanEditor.doPrepare will check for
model==null before applying BeanModelUtils.modify. Maybe it's an
unwanted behavior or a side effect, but it looks like you can't mix
them.
Please let me know if you think there is another way.

Saludos.
Alejandro.