Hi David,

Apart from the lack of details in your question, this is also hardly a Tapestry
question. You should direct it to the Spring forums instead, but if this reply
helps so be it:

You will need in your applicationContext.xml to define a bean that will
automatically start receiving events (I assume you know how)... I am not
familiar with Spring security, but the API docs are quite clear:

http://static.springsource.org/spring/docs/3.0.x/javadoc-api/org/springframework/context/ApplicationListener.html

So code that might have looked something like this in the past:

public void onApplicationEvent(ApplicationEvent applicationEvent)
{
    if (applicationEvent instanceof AuthenticationSuccessEvent)
    {
        AuthenticationSuccessEvent event = (AuthenticationSuccessEvent)
applicationEvent;
        UserDetails userDetails = (UserDetails)
event.getAuthentication().getPrincipal();

        //notify here now, etc.

'In theory' (untested of course) can now be replaced by:

public void onApplicationEvent(AuthenticationSuccessEvent successEvent)
{
    UserDetails userDetails = (UserDetails)
successEvent.getAuthentication().getPrincipal();
    //notify here etc.

}

And thats all?!

Cheers,