Some confusion here.  Maven is a binary deployment repository. You're
asking about a source repository.  You can use code.google.com which
supports svn and mercurial for source control, github.com, which
supports git, sourceforge.com which supports at least svn.  Any of
these would do.

But, please do release built jars from time to time and if you put
those in a maven-style deployment repository, others will be able to
use maven, ant, Ivy, gradle, etc. To build and automatically fetch the
right versions in their software builds.

Regards,
Christian
Sent from my iPhone.