I just bumped the trunk of Tynamo's tapestry-security to version
0.4.0-SNAPSHOT in order to start working on a few, potentially
backwards incompatible changes. I've long wanted to rewrite some of
the underlying Shiro filter code to remove clutter and to improve
performance for Tapestry applications. I'll also add the possibility
of contributing new security filters via code (not just configuring
existing filters, which was already possible) and so the question is,
does anybody need shiro.ini? I bet I'm going to get a few "yes, we are
using it and we like it" responses, but if you could do all of the
shiro.ini configuration in code (Tapestry style), would you prefer it?
If not, why not?

Kalle