> This is such an extreme example and can be easily caught - I.e. Tapestry can
> say ambiguous/duplicate property' or some such.

:) I'm all about the edge cases. In this case the OP doesn't get to
define his beans so he's going to have to fall back to some other
method of accessing that field. You can do ${order.getDescription()}
or define  a component property for instance. An error is required
though, ${order.description} needs to fail if
${order.orderDescription} is valid.

Josh