Yeah, a possible way to go. But I'd like a more "persistent" solution hence the idea of using params in web.xml

Am 17.06.2011 00:36, schrieb Lenny Primak:
I use system properties.

On Jun 16, 2011, at 6:28 PM, Nillehammer<tapestry.nilleham...@winfonet.eu>
wrote:

Hi List,

I would like to replace the constant Strings in the method
"contributeApplicationDefaults" in my AppModule. E.g. replace the following
line:

configuration.add(SymbolConstants.SUPPORTED_LOCALES, "en,de"); // don't like the
"en,de" here. Would like to replace it.

with something configurable in  a text file. I thought providing the values in
web.xml either as context-param or as init-param for the TapestryFilter was a
good idea.

My first try was to inject the Context service as additional parameter to the
contribution method to get access to the context-params. That did not work. The
parameter is null and Tapestry throws an exception. Same with
ApplicationGlobals.

I then browsed through Tapestry's source code and found out that I could implement my own
filter inheriting from org.apache.tapestry5.TapestryFilter. So my next try was to do that
and override the method "protected void init(Registry registry )". My hope was
to be able to do something sensible with the javax.servlet.FilterConfig that is returned
by getFilter(). But I have no clue, what to do.

Does someone have an idea what to do?

Thanks in advance,
nillehammer

--