On 21/06/2011, at 11:22 AM, Bob Harner wrote:

> Geoff,
>
> JumpStart is the most valuable resource I know of for learning to use
> Tapestry. Thanks so much for providing it!

Thanks!

> One thing I would suggest -- and I know this is a lot to ask -- would
> be to (eventually, some day) move away from the use of leading
> underscores in the private variables. I remember that being a
> confusing part of JumpStart examples to me as a new user, because the
> names in the page/component classes don't exactly match the names in
> the templates.

As you might guess I really like the convention of giving instance variables a
leading underscore - it's really great when used with code completion.

However, I can see that the time has come to make this change, time to bow to
convention, as it does seem to cause a lot of people confusion! I'll get onto
it next.

Geoff