On Fri, 24 Jun 2011 15:48:08 -0300, George Christman <gchrist...@cardaddy.com> wrote:

        List<Funding> _fundings =
session.createCriteria(Funding.class).add(Restrictions.eq("purchaseRequest.id",
purchaseRequest.getId())).list();
        NEW_FUNDING.setName(NEW_FUNDING_NAME);
        NEW_FUNDING.setId(OTHER_ID);
        _fundings.add(OTHER);

You're setting the fields of NEW_FUNDING and using OTHER. ;)

OTHER.setName(NEW_FUNDING_NAME);
OTHER.setId(OTHER_ID);
_fundings.add(OTHER);

Also, I need to validate that the other object isn't being selected and
committed to the db. I wrote this code within the onValidate method

        for (LineItem _lineItem : purchaseRequest.getLineItems()) {
            for(LineItemFunding _lineItemFunding :
_lineItem.getLineItemFundings()) {
                if(lineItemFunding.getFunding().getId() == -1) {
_lineItem.getLineItemFundings().remove(_lineItemFunding);

and I get the following error

Copy the list to another list instance and work on the copy.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
Independent Java, Apache Tapestry 5 and Hibernate consultant, developer, and instructor