On Fri, Jul 22, 2011 at 7:11 AM, Nicolas Barrera <nbarr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> about a tapestry app implementing single -sign on...
> does tapestry-security integrates with a CAS server? ( I 'm thinking about
> that because I 've never used shiro although I could start using it, no
> problem. But I come from acegi where it integrated with CAS for
> single-sign-on)

There's a not-yet-integrated CAS patch in shiro trunk.
Tapestry-security would gain CAS integration once Shiro 1.2 is
released and integrated into tapestry-security (I don't expect much
work there).

> perhaps single sign on would be better implemented any other way rather than
> a cas server...,

Well, there are plenty of single-sign-on solutions but if you have a
CAS server that's what you need to use.

> I 've heard about tynamo federeated-accounts using OAuth but I really don't
> know if that would fill the gaps of a requirement that I got which is, to
> build a couple of (tapestry) web apps and that they should
> perform as in single sign on scenario..., like once logged on an app I could
> acess the other without logging in again.

OAuth, OpenID might work but then you'd need to roll a different
authentication server. Amber server
(http://incubator.apache.org/amber/) is a possibility for an OAuth
server.

Kalle