On Sun, Jul 31, 2011 at 12:32 PM, PXZ <pragprog...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Taha Hafeez wrote:
> >
> > A link can be used for updates. As a developer it is our responsibility
> > ensure that such a link is only available to properly authenticated
> users.
> And what if the link action should be available for publicly
> non-authenticated users? For example a blogging website where everybody can
> post comments. Than actionlinks cannot be used.

As Thiago said, you (the developer) are responsible of doing this.
One solution is to check the user-agent header. Here is a list of common
user agents http://www.robotstxt.org/db.html.
You can get the user-agent header by injecting the Reqest in your page

@Inject
private Request request;

and use
String getHeader(String name);

Also you can see all headers using  List<String> getHeaderNames();

Cheers,
Dragan Sahpaski