In a
http://tapestry.1045711.n5.nabble.com/T5-3-customize-validation-messages-td4659356.html
messages and came up with this (using Scala):

/     def contributeComponentMessagesSource(assetSource: AssetSource,
                                                              config:
OrderedConfiguration[Resource]) {
        config.add("ValidationMessages",

assetSource.resourceForPath("com/mycompany/ValidationMessages.properties"),
                       *"before:AppCatalog"*)
    }/

*The problem is that it's not deterministic: sometimes it works and
sometimes it doesn't.*

I assume that the last parameter "before:..." is responsible, but I can't
figure out how ("after:" also didn't work).

Any suggestions?