Geoff,

Thanks again, you are always helpful!

Looks like pageAttached/pageDetached is exactly what i need. Combined with isXHR, works fine.

I hadn't stumbled across this doc: http://tapestry.apache.org/page-life-cycle.html

cheers, p.

On 24/07/2011 10:37 PM, Geoff Callender wrote:
Done - new example "AJAX: What is Called and When" added as:

http://jumpstart.doublenegative.com.au/jumpstart/examples/ajax/whatiscalledandwhen

However, I don't know that it helps solve your problem, unless maybe you test
request.isXHR() in pageAttached() and pageDetached()???

Geoff