On Mon, 15 Aug 2011 13:26:11 -0300, Jens Breitenstein <mailingl...@j-b-s.de> wrote:

Thiago,

Hi!

do you use multiple modules?

Yes! Lots of them!

Maybe this screws up our Modules (@SubModule to be precise), or whatever?

How are you adding this other modules' pages and components? What are their prefix?

this list grows slowly but only contains classes from the current module, non of the base components from other jars are ever mentioned, still. And this is regardless in which module I place the advice, result is always the same.

Are you requesting pages that contain these base components?

You wrote my original advise contains some bugs ... can you please paste the fixed version you used for your test so I can see all mistakes I made?

That's in my last e-mail.

A forgotton Annotation?

More like annotations badly used . . .

Would it not be nice to write bind(ComponentA.class, ComponentBderivedFromA.class) and our sophisticated class factory, called tapestry-ioc, injects ComponentBderivedFromA whenever ComponentA or ComponentBderivedFromA is used as member?

Now we have a nice feature request. :) But bind() is for services, not components. Very different beasts.

I can't see a difference to
     @InjectComponent
private A _a; // <-- injection MAGIC, why not a BderivedFromA because of bind(ComponentA.class, ComponentBderivedFromA.class)?
or am I totally wrong?

In this case, this is veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery different than components. Components (and pages and mixins) are loaded by the Tapestry classloader and changed in memory for a very specific scenario (webapps). Services aren't.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
Independent Java, Apache Tapestry 5 and Hibernate consultant, developer, and instructor