Hello,
I am currently trying to optimize my Tapestry Website for SEO and have
encountered some problems that I hope you can give me guidance with. I have
already searched the forum but not found answers working for me. Thank you
very much in advance!

1. I want to redirect all http://mysite.com to http://www.mysite.com
This should work with a 301 redirect but I haven't figured out how. I have
tried the following:
a) I put a .htaccess file with the following content in my main resources
folder:
//////
Options +FollowSymlinks
RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^www\.kinderbox\.de$
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://www.kinderbox.de/$1 [R=301,L]
/////

b) I implemented Tapestry code as explained her:
http://tapestry.1045711.n5.nabble.com/301-vs-302-tc4451728.html#a4452494
http://tapestry.1045711.n5.nabble.com/301-vs-302-tc4451728.html#a4452494

2. I have a package structure that has about 4 hirarchies including the
specific Page Class. Optimized SEO URLS need to be with a hierarchy of max
2-3 levels. I know how to redirect requests to other urls, but how does it
work if I want to have an URL like www.mySite.com/hierarchy1/myPage for a
real page that sits here:
www.mySite.com/hierarchy1/hierarchy2/hierarchy3/myPage

if I just redirect the first URL to the real page, is that OK for google? I
mean, the browser will still show a non optimized URL, right?

Thanks a lot for your help and all best,
Tom